Since 1911, the Athenaeum Theatre has been home to some of the most diverse theatre, dance, and music performances in all of Chicago. As a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit art organization, we keep our rental prices low and our service level high.
In the past year the Athenaeum invested $110,000 in capital improvements and major repairs to projects such as:
- Main-Stage upgrades to lighting, sound and a new digital projection system
- Replacing aging seating in all theaters
- Critical infrastructure repairs and upgrades to electrical & HVAC systems in the building
- Replacing nearly 90% of the roof over the Main Stage.
Funding for improvements to the building come entirely from our modest $2.00 restoration fee on each ticket sold and donations from our patrons. However, only 10% of these funds come from donors like you.
Your tax-deductible gift will help us achieve our ambitious goal of raising $60,000 towards more than $200,000 in projects we need to complete in 2017 /2018:
- $70,000 Critical tuck pointing to the exterior of the building –
- $13,000 – for emergency repairs already made to our elevator system
- $110,000 Replacing and upgrading lighting & sound systems in all three studio theatersYour contribution supports the ongoing restoration, maintenance, and improvement of this century-old arts complex. Please help us continue our mission to provide an affordable, safe and comfortable home for music, theatre, and dance companies by investing in our work today.
Thank you for your continued support.
to donate, click here.
Learn more about how your donation helps all of the arts groups that live and perform under our roof – click here