Want to see live plays and concerts for free?
Want to experience Chicago culture?
Volunteer to usher at the Athenaeum Theatre! (Don’t worry – we’ll teach you how to say it!)
The Athenaeum Theatre seeks helpful people to perform ushering duties for a variety of live performing arts events.
If you are interested, please call the box office at 773.935.6875 or email email@example.com to reserve a spot. We take up to 2 ushers for every Studio performance and up to 10 ushers for Main Stage performances.
Refer to our performance calendar at: https://web.ovationtix.com/trs/cal/32915
- Ushers must be at least 18 years of age, and able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ushers should arrive 45 minutes before showtime and check in at the box office. Following the show, ushers help clean up the theatre space before leaving (approximately 15 minutes).
- Ushers should wear white shirts and black pants (skirts for ladies is fine), and closed-toe shoes (for safety’s sake).
- Ushers must speak fluent English (additional languages a plus).
- We do not recommend bringing any valuables with you, as the theatre is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- If you must cancel your ushering reservation, we ask that you do so at least 48 hours in advance.
- Failure to comply with these standards may result in being barred from the ushering program.