Allan Chambers – General Manager
- Allan Chambers (Allan@athenaeumtheatre.org) was the Artistic Director and Director of Tenant Services at Theatre Building Chicago. For 20 years, he served in many capacities for TBC including actor, casting director, dramaturg, artistic director, and workshop director.Allan oversaw theatre company client services and directed the musical program for TBC. Each summer, Chambers scheduled eight musicals and cast up to 90 actors for the TBC Stages Festival of New Musicals. He is a past president of the Illinois Theatre Association, a founding and former board member of Chicago Alliance for Playwrights, Member of the National Alliance for Musical Theatres and artistic consultant for Creative Musical Theatre, an honors class dedicated to the development of new music theatre voices at Valparaiso High School.Allan has served as an adjunct instructor and guest artist at Ohio Northern University, Loyola University Chicago, Robert Morris College, North Park University, and Millikin University and has worked in various capacities with the Goodman Theatre, Music/Theatre Workshop, Our Town Productions, Prologue Theatre, American DreamWorks, Different Drummer Theatre, Bailiwick Repertory, The Western Stage, Cabrillo Stage, Bigfork Playhouse and North Shore Music Theatre. M.F.A., musical theatre, San Diego State University. B.S., theatre acting/directing, University of Idaho.
Jeff DeLong – Marketing & Development Director
- Jeff DeLong (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a Chicago native with over twenty years of experience in entertainment marketing, promotions and sponsorship in Denver and New York City. A graduate of Chicago’s Columbia College he has worked as Director of Marketing for Theatre Building Chicago, Promotions/Sponsorship Manager at the Museum of Science and Industry, Director of Consumer Promotions and Marketing for the cable TV channel WE:TV, and Territory Manager of Sales and Marketing for American Movie Classics.Through his consulting firm Idea Man, he has worked for HGTV, The Museum of Broadcast Communications, Karma Loop TV, The Foundation for Emerging Artistic Talent (E.A.T.) at Thalia Hall in Chicago’s Pilsen Art’s District and several local theater companies here in Chicago.
Lauren Girard Forster – Business Manager
- Lauren Girard Forster (email@example.com) is beyond pleased to be a part of the Athenaeum team again. Lauren comes to the Business Manager position after taking a few years off to start a family but has been active in the dance and theatre community as a Production/Stage Manager. She’s worked with companies such as Dance Chicago, Chicago Human Rhythm Project, Inaside Dance, BoomCrack and Ensemble Español. Lauren also volunteers for some conventions including Anime Central, Wizard World and C2E2.
Beth Bullock – Box Office Manager
- Box Office Manager Beth Bullock (firstname.lastname@example.org) delights in participating in the off-Loop theatre world and her one true calling, Box Office. Interfacing between customers, theatre staff, and production companies, the box office functions in a vitally ambassadorial capacity, which Beth proudly performs for the Athenaeum Theatre. Imparting fifteen years of Chicago ticket sales experience, she aims for every box office encounter to encapsulate the interactive, humanizing and enlightening experience of theatre.When not waxing poetic about ticketing, Beth also freelances as a photographer, participates on the board of Barrel of Monkeys Theatre Company, walks two boisterous dogs around Uptown, and hangs out with her spouse of 12 years. A 2012 graduate of the University of Chicago Master of Arts Program in the Humanities, Beth’s specialty is in Cinema and Media Studies, and can often be found around town from the most highfalutin cinephilic screenings to the campiest B-revivals and sing-a-longs.When not managing the box office, Beth is an adjunct instructor of The World of the Cinema at Harry S Truman College — one of the City Colleges of Chicago.
Kevin Scott – Technical Director
- Kevin Scott (Kevin@athenaeumtheatre.org) – An ensemble member of Eclipse Theatre Company since 1999, he has served as Technical Director and Managing Director. Kevin has appeared onstage as well in many Chicago productions. A graduate of Auburn University at Montgomery, Kevin has also worked at the Montgomery Civic Center and the Alabama Shakespeare Festival as well as Technical Director for The Texas Shakespeare Festival.
Scott Kauffman – Webmaster
- Scott Kauffman received his Bachelor’s degree in Fine Art from Michigan State University in 1992. He then moved to Chicago and worked for Morningstar, Inc. as Manager of Quality Assurance for Morningstar.com. While working full-time, he completed his Master’s degree from DePaul University in E-Commerce Technology.Scott is currently working for Leo Burnett Interactive, the Internet division of advertising giant Leo Burnett.Through his side company, Skyline Webworks, he helps nonprofit companies and other organizations develop compelling website solutions.