Allan Chambers – General Manager
- Allan Chambers (Allan@athenaeumtheatre.org) was the Artistic Director and Director of Tenant Services at Theatre Building Chicago. For 20 years, he served in many capacities for TBC including actor, casting director, dramaturg, artistic director, and workshop director.Allan oversaw theatre company client services and directed the musical program for TBC. Each summer, Chambers scheduled eight musicals and cast up to 90 actors for the TBC Stages Festival of New Musicals. He is a past president of the Illinois Theatre Association, a founding and former board member of Chicago Alliance for Playwrights, Member of the National Alliance for Musical Theatres and artistic consultant for Creative Musical Theatre, an honors class dedicated to the development of new music theatre voices at Valparaiso High School.Allan has served as an adjunct instructor and guest artist at Ohio Northern University, Loyola University Chicago, Robert Morris College, North Park University, and Millikin University and has worked in various capacities with the Goodman Theatre, Music/Theatre Workshop, Our Town Productions, Prologue Theatre, American DreamWorks, Different Drummer Theatre, Bailiwick Repertory, The Western Stage, Cabrillo Stage, Bigfork Playhouse and North Shore Music Theatre. M.F.A., musical theatre, San Diego State University. B.S., theatre acting/directing, University of Idaho.
Lauren Girard Forster – Business Manager
- Lauren Girard Forster (email@example.com) is beyond pleased to be a part of the Athenaeum team again. Lauren comes to the Business Manager position after taking a few years off to start a family but has been active in the dance and theatre community as a Production/Stage Manager. She’s worked with companies such as Dance Chicago, Chicago Human Rhythm Project, Inaside Dance, BoomCrack and Ensemble Español. Lauren also volunteers for some conventions including Anime Central, Wizard World, and C2E2.
Megan Shehorn Young – Box Office Manager
- Box Office Manager Megan Shehorn Young (firstname.lastname@example.org) is delighted to transition from an assistant into the full-time box office manager. After earning her B.A. from U.W. – Parkside, Megan worked with such theater companies as The Nobel Fool Theater, Flesh and Fleece Productions, and has even been spotted on stage at Mary’s Attic. Megan looks forward to continuing to offer the highest standards of guest services, while enhancing and building relationships with current and future patrons.
Kevin Scott – Technical Director
- Kevin Scott (Kevin@athenaeumtheatre.org) – An ensemble member of Eclipse Theatre Company since 1999, he has served as Technical Director and Managing Director. Kevin has appeared onstage as well in many Chicago productions. A graduate of Auburn University at Montgomery, Kevin has also worked at the Montgomery Civic Center and the Alabama Shakespeare Festival as well as Technical Director for The Texas Shakespeare Festival.
SHOUT! Media – Marketing/Public Relations
- SHOUT! James Juliano and Jill Evans La Penna are experts in their field, supporting various events at the Athenaeum since the 2010s and joining the Athenaeum team as our dedicated Marketing/PR firm in early 2020. In addition to producing and implementing a complete media and marketing strategy, SHOUT can cater services to meet your individual needs.
Scott Kauffman – Webmaster
- Scott Kauffman received his Bachelor’s degree in Fine Art from Michigan State University in 1992. He then moved to Chicago and worked for Morningstar, Inc. as Manager of Quality Assurance for Morningstar.com. While working full-time, he completed his Master’s degree from DePaul University in E-Commerce Technology. Scott is currently working for Leo Burnett Interactive, the Internet division of advertising giant Leo Burnett. Through his side company, Skyline Webworks, he helps nonprofit companies and other organizations develop compelling website solutions.